Since our move from LaGrange, GA in 2009, we have totally redone our phone, cable and internet services. In LaGrange we had Charter Cable TV and Internet service. For our phone service, we used Vonage. In total, we paid $162.95 a month for phone, cable and internet service in LaGrange. That resulted in a yearly total of $1,955.40!
Here in Lake Park we decide not to get cable TV service. Instead, we began using our computer and our AT&T internet service to “watch TV." Over a year ago, we discovered Netflix, and we were instantly hooked. For our phone service, we opted to use a Skype subscription that allowed unlimited U.S. and Canada calling for $30 a year. We also decided to pay $30 a year to have a “regular” phone number. So, for a grand total of $60 a year we have a house phone with unlimited long-distance calling. That is $5 a month!
Here is the summary:
- Phone: $30 for service + $30 for number = $60 for one year of unlimited U.S. service
- Cable: $0 Netflix: 95.88 a year Internet: $43 per month = $516 a year
- Total of $671.88 a year
- Previously: Charter Cable and Internet: $130.40 a month or $1,564.80 a year
- Vonage for phone: 32.55 a month or $390.60 a year
- Total of $1,955.40 a year Difference of $1,283.52 a year.